Did I scare you?
Are your ready for all the trick or treaters with their cute costumes? I just love seeing them. We have so many here in our little community there’s hardly time to do anything else but answer the door!
Today’s post is another nontraditional Christmas colored card…but I think you’ll like it…
Pink ‘n silver? Yep.
Love this embossing folder…
Pretty Dazzling Diamonds snow flakes…
and a peek inside!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Powder Pink Cardstock, plus Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Powder Pink and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Hearts Come Home (sentiment & message)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Powder Pink 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon, Linen Thread, Sponge Brayer, Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Swirly Snowflakes Thinlets Dies, Decorative Label Punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″, fold and burnish with a bone folder.
- Cut Dazzling Diamonds layer 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ and attach to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Cut Powder Pink DS 4″ x 5″. Emboss with Winter Wonder EF placed more toward bottom to make room for ribbon band at top. Using a sponge brayer and the Powder Pink ink pad, color over the embossed area until you have the color you like.
- Cut a piece of 1/2″ Powder Pink ribbon then attach in top back of this layer. Attach this layer over Glimmer Paper with multipurpose glue. You may need to weight this down until it’s dry.
- Make several loops with ribbon then tie in center with Linen Thread. Add to ribbon band with glue dots.
- Cut seven snowflakes from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper with the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlets. Glue six of them together with multipurpose glue alternating the points. Add to card front with glue dots.
- Punch a label from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper then cut in half horizontally. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black on scrap Thick Whisper White CS. Punch out. With multipurpose glue add two halves to back of sentiment. Add final snowflake with small dimensionals to side of sentiment.
- Inside the Powder Pink layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 3″. Add small band of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper at bottom. Stamp message at top of this layer in Archival Basic Black. Add snowflake to band at bottom right.
I have begun to pack…all presentation materials, all supplies for Lydia Feidler’s class on Wednesday, 100 swamps, and several “roomie” gifts are all nestled inside a rolling scrap/stamp case. Do I have my clothes ready you ask? Well, nooooo. But I will!
Hope you have only sweet Trick or Treaters at your house tonight…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
she makes a much cuter witch than I do…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!