Once again I offer you a masculine birthday card…and it has color! So many masculine cards are neutrals and I’m pretty sure most boys/men like color.
So here’s my idea…
Now I would change up the doodle border for a masculine card, or you could do no border at all.
This close up shows some of the Micron Pen work as shadows on the cups.
And here’s a peek inside…
This card was made for someone special who loves coffee as much as I do and she will love the doodled border. Pretty easy to change it out to the border used on the feather card here.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red and Soft Sky
- Stamps: Merry Cafe’
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Black .005 Micron Pen
- The Thick Whisper White card base is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to the card front with SNAIL.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Draw a light pencil line where you’d like the bottom of the cups. Four cups fit perfectly horizontally. Stamp your cups. Stamp your sentiment.
- If you want to draw the border, practice a curvy line with a loop at the corners. Go back and draw two loops like a figure 8 at the corners. Add the dots here and there. It’s your border and it will be perfect!
- Add lines to one side of the cup and lid to create a shadow.
- Add this layer to your card front with SNAIL.
- Inside there is a 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ layer of Lemon Lime Twist attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is stamped with one cup and the cup is treated like those on the card front. Add this layer with SNAIL.
- A cup was also added to the lower left corner of the envelope to coordinate with the card front. Or as Frances Martins says, “let the party begin with the envelope!”
I would love a stamp that said “buttercup” to go with this set…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And come get inky with me…be HaPpY!