Taking a break from the Rose Wonder set today to show you a baby card using the Playful Pals stamp set and Pyramid Pal Thinlets…
Awwww…isn’t he the cutest little thing? One of my very best friends is expecting her first grandson in March. She was the one who always said “I don’t want grandchildren.” She has worked with children all her professional life and felt they were her grandchildren.
I’d shake my head at her and say, “You have no idea what your are saying!” Now she’s gone all gaga on us…
Today is the baby shower and the framed animals posted earlier this week is one of my gifts. The new lil’ guy’s nursery is in an animal theme as are all my gifts so this works perfectly!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White notecard, Garden Green cardstock plus Cherry On Top DSP Stack
- Ink: Basic Gray and Basic Black
- Stamps: Playful Pals, Tin of Cards (border squiggles) and Sweet Sayings (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Pyramid Pals Thinlets Dies
The base card is 3 1/2″ x 5″
- The Garden Green layer is 3 3/8″ x 4 7/8″
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″. Stamp border first. Cut out one side of pyramid box and cut off one triangle. Cut ears from contrasting paper…remember, turn the paper over to cut one of the ears! Stamp the trunk with Basic Gray. I used tear tape for three sides of triangle, stuck down at the bottom only so the ears could be placed correctly, then stuck down the triangle sides. Add trunk with glue dots or multipurpose glue. Stamp sentiment at top with Basic Black. The grass was cut and placed down with a dimensional strip.
- Now stamp the eyes and cut out with thinlets. Place with a piece of dimensional. Is he cute or what?
You know how I went nutso making the pyramid animals…now there will be lots of kiddo cards with animals for Valentines, birthdays, etc…I love my job!
Hope you enjoyed this post and also the weekend…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
It’s a thought…
Get inky this weekend…Be HaPpY!