Today’s post uses a hand drawn border and another drippy water color…
There’s also some splattering, embossing and of course, that Linen Thread bow for good measure!
A glamour close up shows off the details…
The Linen Thread bow is the natural embellishment.
Now I’m just gonna admit up front that the slight orange tinge you see on the card front was washed off the masking tape. I was reusing the tape. Not a bad look, but just keep that in mind if you are reusing your masking tape.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Emerald Envy, Old Olive and VersaMark
- Stamps: Painted Harvest
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Silver Embossing Powder, .005 Black Micron Pen or Black Journal Pen, Small Brush
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The water color paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Tape a border on water color paper to a hard surface. Wet the water color paper with a spritzer or brush. Stamp base of wreath with Lemon Lime Twist and tilt the paper so the wreath runs down card front. Let dry naturally. Really…just go away and do something else for a bit.
- Over stamp the wreath with the base stamp in Lemon Lime Twist. Stamp detailed wreath in Emerald Envy once and again without lining up or reinking. Add VersaMark dots around the wreath and sprinkle with Silver Embossing Powder and heat.
- Stamp center of wreath in Old Olive or any of the green colors a couple of times…do not line up points.
- Stamp sentiment in VersaMark and sprinkle with Silver Embossing Powder and heat.
- Add splatters in color of your choice.
- Remove masking and doodle a border with Micron Pen or Journaling Pen.
- Make Linen Bow and add at top with glue dots. For video on making the bow go here.
- Inside the Lemon Lime Twist layer is 3-3/4″ x 4-3/4″ add with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″. Stamp wreath several times in different colors of green at lower left corner. Add to card with SNAIL.
- You could also add this wreath to your envelope front to coordinate with the card front.
This was so much fun to make and I can see myself mass producing this one.
Hope you and your family are enjoying a peaceful Labor Day.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
and I’ll need it as we’re flying in today from California on a “red eye”!
Hope you are inky and HaPpY!