Next month my son-in-love will participate in a change of command ceremony where he will become Battalion Commander, Special Forces and host a reception afterwards. This is a big military advancement for him and I’m thinking he will need some thank you cards handy afterwards.
With that in mind I have been working on different designs that would be appropriate for him. Once I have the design finalized, I’ll create several. Because Sweetums will be traveling to Seoul, South Korea to attend this military ceremony, the cards can travel with him.
Here’s one of the designs created…thought they just might make quick Fourth of July cards you could use, so I changed the sentiment on the banner…
Of course for him I’d change the sentiment back to “thank you”, but for you this might work.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake Note Card, Real Red, Dapper Denim and Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Dapper Denim, Real Red and Basic Black
- Stamps: Thoughtful Banners, Brush Strokes (background)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Duet Banner Punch, Lucky Stars Embossing Folder
- The Real Red layer is 4-1/4″ x 2-1/4″.
- The Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 2-1/8″ stamped with Brush Strokes background stamp in Real Red and attached to Real Red layer with adhesive. This double layer is attached to top of Crumb Cake notecard with adhesive.
- The Dapper Denim layer is 2-1/4″ x 3-1/8″.
- A piece of Whisper White 2-1/8″ x 3″ was put inside the Lucky Stars Embossing Fold that had been inked on the flat side with Dapper Denim ink pad then run through Big Shot. Love the washed denim effect achieved with this technique.
- Add the stars layer to the Dapper Denim layer with adhesive and then to card front with adhesive.
- Stamp on scrap of Whisper White the banner in Real Red and the sentiment in Basic Black. Punch with Duet Banner Punch and add to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
This is my second design and I have one more rolling around in my mind I’d like to try…if I don’t run out of time. We are running down to Ocala, Florida this week to watch Jameson (one of “the littles”) play in his first AllStar State Baseball Tournament. This will take lots of planning on my part…first for the furbabies then to cover my blog each day. This whole trip is a surprise for them (except my daughter-in-love, she knows) so it should be lots of fun. It is Fathers’ Day weekend, right? I’m excited…
Hope you enjoyed this post today and feel inspired by something you’ve seen or read.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get ink…Be HaPpY!