It’s important to keep your sense of humor people. All. Of. The. Time.
Otherwise you might be imitating a fish out of water gasping for…well, not air but water.
Today’s card was just fun to make and watch my idea take form. It was the ice skates I thought of when first seeing these pig stamps. How cute are they skating by?
Did you smile?
Figure skating piggies…yep!
This may be the first card mailed.
Just in case you find these pigs as fun and funny as I do, here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock, Water Color Paper and Silver Foil
- Ink: Soft Sky, Powder Pink and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: This Little Piggy, It’s A Wonderful LIfe (banner/sentiment) and Fabulous Flamingo (water/ice), Swirly Bird (splat stamp)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Clear Wink of Stella, VersaMark, White Embossing Powder, Black Micron Pen, Aqua Painter
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Silver Foil layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with multipurpose glue.
- The Water Color Paper layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. First stamp the pig on Post It Note to create a mask.
- I consider stamps tools of the trade and have no problem manipulating them to create the look I want. In this case I did not need the flower, sentiment or grass that was part of this stamp. So I cut it away carefully. All pieces can be reassembled on a block and used as originally intended. No harm.
- Stamp the center pig in Archival Basic Black and cover with mask. Stamp a pig on either side of the mask. Remove mask and using an Aqua Painter moisten all three pigs one at a time and add Powder Pink Reinker. Finish each pig before starting the next. I started with center pig. Left the inside of ear, nose and a spot or two on the belly without reinker.
- Stamp banner then sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Using a ruler and Black Micron Pen add a straight line from the pig hand (oh I’m loving this!) to the banner and a small portion at top of banner. Fatten this small piece over the banner using the Micron Pen.
- Now add those ice skates to their little feet. Oh good grief this is too funny.
- Stamp the water from Fabulous Flamingo in Soft Sky under their feet/skates. Add Clear Wink of Stella to look like ice.
- Moisten the rest of the background with our Aqua Painter and add Soft Sky Reinker. Remove color here and there to look like clouds with a tissue.
- I used the “splat” stamp in Swirly Bird and VersaMark sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heated to this whole layer.
- Add this layer to card front with multipurpose glue and lay blocks on top until dry.
This card just puts a great big smile on my face…I hope yours too!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I usually find this out the hard way…
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!