The Jenny Wrens have flown the coop…
Yesterday they finally jumped out of the nest at Mom’s constant encouragement.
They still have funny feathers on the tops of their heads. At one point there were two inside the garage and three in the front yard. Mom was in a frenzy flying in between.
I walked away. I knew she had this.
Not a peep from any of them today. I sort of miss them being there each time the door was opened.
This card post today has been in my head for a while. I’m not sure it came out exactly as I had pictured, but it’s interesting enough to post I think. Here’s the card…
I call it “out my window” because to me it seems the tree is framed by the window from the inside.
Would you like to know how this one was made? Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral and Whisper White cardstock
- Ink: Versmark, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizazz and Old Olive
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Post It note, daubers, Calypso Coral Embossing Powder
- The Sahara Sand base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Calypso Coral layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Start by masking the edges of the inside of the window on the left side and bottom. Then cut post it note strips 1/4″ wide to make window panes.
- Use your daubers to sponge all the background colors. I used darker green at bottom and changed to lighter, same with blues and Daffodil in the corner to imply sun.
- With you paper on a stamping pad, stamp the tree in Early Expresso while leaving all your masking in place.
- Then stamp the leaves in Versamark and cover with embossing powder and heat.
- Now remove your masking and add new masking to the left side and bottom of the window so you can sponge the rest of the card front. This will leave a frame around your “window”
- Stamp your sentiment in Early Expresso.
- Add the Whisper White layer to the Calypso Coral layer.
- Add this piece to the card front.
- Inside there is a 3 1/2 ” 4″ Whisper White piece with a portion of the tree stamped to the lower left side to coordinate with the card front.
- You could also add a partially stamped tree to the envelope.
I’m happy with the effect of this card, but my mind is working on refining it a bit. I’ll share when that inspiration hits me.
Thanks so much for spending some of your day with me.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And much more humorous…
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!