Here is the orchid card I promised earlier this week when the orchid plant was posted (here).
This flower is incredibly easy to make. The key or secret to the beautiful natural coloring is water color paper…
Should we water them?
Seriously the water color paper does all the work for you.
Showing the three layers…leaves, flower and flower centers.
and a peek inside.
So are you game to give this a try? Do you have this bundle (yes! there are framelits to cut these posies out!) and haven’t used it yet? Let’s make some flowers…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist and Sweet Sugar Plum
- Stamps: Climbing Orchids
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Orchid Builder Framelits, Aqua Painter or Medium Round Brush
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ and burnish with Bone Folder.
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The top Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- Stamp on water color paper the leaf, the line art large flower and the flower center in Lemon Lime Twist. With a damp (not loaded with water) brush go over each image with a light hand to spread the color. While the flower is still damp add some Crushed Curry by just touching the center of the flower. If you flower is not wet enough for the color to “bloom”, add water around the edges of the Crushed Curry to encourage movement. Now introduce the Sweet Sugar Plum to the center and let that color “bloom” too. Let dry naturally.
- Moisten each leaf the same way to move the line art color and dampen the leaf. Introduce some Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry and let them “bloom” and dry naturally.
- Moisten the flower centers and introduce Sweet Sugar Plum. Let dry.
- Once all the pieces are dry, over stamp flower with line art stamp again inked with Lemon Lime Twist and also the leaves.
- Cut out all pieces with coordinating framelit.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black toward bottom of card.
- Add stems to card front and attach flowers with dimensionals. Add centers with dimensionals and leaves with glue dots behind flowers.
- Inside the Lemon Lime Twist layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. The small flower was made exactly like the larger ones and attached with glue dots.
I have been researching orchids on Pinterest to see all the different color combinations this flower can produce. Some really interesting color combinations! But we all know we can make our flowers whatever color that suits us…so I hope you will give this a try. I think you will be amazed.
It’s Friday! How does that happen so quick? Are you planning something special on this beautiful fall weekend?
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Mine have flown the coop today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!