Planning for OnStage meant coming up with a “wow” swap. I mean you are swapping with other very creative demos and you just want your swap to stand out a little.
So I agonized and sketched, ordered product, cut layers, masked, cut thinlit embellishments, embossed, added pearls and glimmer paper and hoped this card would stand up or out…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Gray and Smoky Slate Cardstock plus Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Craft White Ink and Smoky Slate
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches, Totally Trees, Santa’s Sleigh and Gorgeous Grunge (snow)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, Santa’s Sleigh Thinlits, Basic Pearls, Aqua Painter
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Basic Gray layer is 4 x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with Multipurpose Glue
- The Smoky Slate layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Stamp sleigh in Basic Black. Stamp on Post It Note and cut out with thinlit to use as a mask. Mask sleigh and stamp trees twice in Basic Black. Stamp Totally Trees stamp in Craft White Ink twice, remove mask and stamp “snow” with Gorgeous Grunge splat stamp in White Craft Ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Add Smoky Slate reinker with Aqua Painter to the sleigh. Cut a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper 1″ x 5-1/8″ and cut in half lengthwise making curves. Place at bottom of Smoky Slate layer with Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut wreath from Old Olive cardstock with thinlit, stamp with wreath stamp in Old Olive. Cut bow from Real Red and attach to wreath with glue dot. Add to sleigh with glue dot.
- Add this top layer to card front with Multipurpose Glue.
These will be given out at Brian King’s WCMD2016-Atlanta on Friday and at the main event on Saturday. I made 100 and wish I could have made more. But, I will be bringing home 100 swaps from other creative people to share with you!
Hope you are having a great day. I will be posting from the event tomorrow “live” on my facebook page and with photos on my blog so be sure to stop by.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’ve got inky fingers…and I’m so HaPpY!