It was impossible to receive my Christmas order yesterday and not make just one more jar themed card…
Seriously? How could I not…here’s a peek inside too…
So hope you don’t mind just one more jar and a Christmas one at that.
To tell you the truth there is so much new product in my studio that hasn’t seen ink yet, where to start is the question. So many ideas and so little time…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Pear Pizazz and Soft Sky Cardstock
- Ink: Pear Pizazz, Real Red, StazOn Black and Basic Black
- Stamps: Jar of Cheer and Birthday Banners
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Window Sheet, Linen Thread, Bunch of Banners Framelits, “snow” and Project Life Corner Rounder and Gently Falling Embossing Folder
- The Thick Whisper White Cardstock is 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 5-1/2″. Round all corners
- The Pear Pizazz layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″, round corners with corner rounder and attach to card front.
- The top Soft Sky layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Cut jar upside down centered side to side and slightly toward the bottom. Run through Big Shot with Gently Falling EF
- Stamp jar with StazOn Black ink on a piece of window sheet 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp jar lid in Pear Pizazz and Basic Black ink and cut out with framelit. Add several rounds of Linen Thread. Stamp the tree twice without reinking on a scrap Whisper White piece 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Stamp holly in Basic Black and color with markers then “fussy cut”. Stamp banner in Pear Pizzaz and sentiment in Basic Black. Cut out with framelit.
- Glue window sheet on back side of this layer. Run adhesive strip around edge of jar on back of this layer. Fill with “snow”, pull off adhesive paper and add stamped tree layer over strips. Add oft Sky layer to card front over Pear Pizazz layer.
- Add jar lid and holly sprig with glue. Add banner with dimensionals.
- Make Linen Thread bow (see video here). Add to card front with glue dots.
- Inside there is a Soft Sky layer 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ and a Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Round all corners. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black centered top. Stamp tree twice with Pear Pizazz in lower right corner.
If you plan to make a similar card and purchase your snow, I’d say these little Styrofoam balls look good and move around nicely, but boy of boy do they ever run everywhere in your studio space!
This card would not be hard to produce and does mail flat, so I’d like to make more of this design I think.
Thanks so much for stopping by today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
This has happened…
Hope your are inky and HaPpY!