My team is so special to me and occasionally I like to surprise them with a little something. Who doesn’t like to get “happy” mail, right?
The Designer Series Paper Stack, Cupcakes & Carousels is amazing…had to reorder it, but I wanted to use it on these desk calendars…
Here’s a closer look…
Tie Dyed T-Shirts…remember those? Love that little stamp, too!
On the back …
pens to match…How fun is that?
Have you made these desk calendars before? They really aren’t hard at all and are fun decorate.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Natural White and Bermuda Bay Cardstock, plus Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Archival Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Flourishing Phrases (sentiment), Tie Dyed and Custom Tee
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: T-Shirt Builder Framelits Dies, Succulent Framelits Dies (flower on pen) Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight pom-poms (retired), Stylish Stems Framelits (sentiment label), 1-1/4″ circle punch
- The Natural White base is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay 4″ x 4″, score at 1″, 2″ and 3″. Make the 2″ score a mountain fold and the 1″ and 3″ valley folds. Attach inside the folded base at bottom with multipurpose glue to create stand.
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ and attach to one side of base with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of DSP 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach with SNAIL over Bermuda Bay.
- The calendars are 2-1/2″ x 3″ so the Bermuda Bay is 2-3/4″ x 3-1/4″ Attach together and to the bottom of card with SNAIL or multipurpose glue.
- Stamp T-shirt in Smoky Slate on Natural White CS. Using a wet wipe folded in half twice and lying inside a stamp folder, drop reinker using Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay.
- This will be your stamp pad for the tie dyed stamp. Stamp the T-shirt with this. Add and words you like for the shirt in Archival Basic Black. Also stamp a collar and small flower with Bermuda Bay on this scrap. Cut out all with framelits. Add collar to t-shirt with multipurpose glue. Add dimensionals to back of t-shirt and add to top of card over calendar.
- Cut sentiment base from Bermuda Bay. Stamp “just a note” on scrap and cut with framelit in Stylish Stems. Glue together and on card back top. Stamp flower on scrap and cut with framelit. Add under sentiment with dimensional.
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay 4″ x 5″. Score three edges at 1/2″ and 1″. Leave one edge unscored. On the unscored edge punch with 1-1/4″ circle punch. Burnish score lines. Trim corner tabs…
- Attach small tab in with glue dot. Place glue dot on bottom of side tab and fold over bottom tab. All multipurpose glue all around tabs and attach to back at bottom. This box will hold 3″ post it notes
- My pens are Bic Pens without the tops. Cut DSP 2″ x 5″. Using your bone folder curl the paper the way it will wrap the pen. Add hot glue to one long edge and lay the pen on this line of glue. Once dry, roll the pen in the paper. At this point if you need to trim off some of the paper that’s fine. Add hot glue to last edge and roll the pen to glue and hold til dry. Punch flower from scrap Bermuda Bay and add to top of pen with hot glue. If you don’t have the pom poms, maybe add a large pearl or rhinestone or anything else you like.
- To hold the pen to the card, cut a piece of Bermuda Bay 1″ x 4″. Wrap this around your pen and pinch together so you know where to add hot glue. Hot glue together leaving opening for pen. Add more hot glue to one side and place behind front of card about half way up. Insert pen.
These are really fun to make and useful too. I’m sure they will enjoy receiving this little surprise in their mailboxes.
Well…I’m off to Nashville to attend a stamping event featuring Lisa Pretto. Meeting up with some demo friends I haven’t seen in a bit so it should be lots of fun and no sleep!
Hope your weekend is all the fun you can handle…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
all. the. time…
And stay inky…you’ll be HaPpY!