The Watercolor Christmas stamp set has this great sentiment in a beautiful script font and I couldn’t wait to use it.
The watercolor background was created just for this card…
This card is a fav…I just love that sentiment!
Coordinating the Copper Embossing Powder and Copper Foil with the Copper Metallic worked out perfectly.
And the dreamy watercolor background is the perfect foundation for all of it.
Autumn birthday? Why not?
And a peek inside.
The secret to this background is the watercolor paper…amazing to work with.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White (Very Vanilla would look nice too), Tranquil Tide Cardstock, plus watercolor paper, Velum and Copper Foil.
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Archival Basic Black and Tranquil Tide
- Stamps: Watercolor Christmas
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Copper Metallic Thread, Leaves Punch, VersaMark, Copper Embossing Powder, Faceted Gems, Circle Framelits Dies
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″, fold and burnish with a bone folder
- The Tranquil Tide layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attach to card front with SNAIL.
- The watercolor paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Spritz with water and go over with brush or Aqua Painter. Drop color and let it “bloom”…move with more water spritz and let dry naturally. It will lighten in color intensity.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black
- Add VersaMark splats, sprinkle with Copper EP and heat to set.
- Punch three leaf sets from Velum.
- Cut Copper Foil with two circle framelits and add smallest dimensionals to back.
- Wind Copper Metallic around four fingers, cut and pinch in center. Add to back of Copper circle with small dimensional. Add to lower right corner.
- Add Velum leaves with glue dots. Add Faceted Gem. I colored mine with the Bronze Blends Pen, but if you have the gold ones, that will work too.
- Inside the Tranquil Tide layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The strip of Copper Foil is 3-1/4″ x 1/4″ added with SNAIL.
Actually this card might work for a fall birthday or a Christmas card. I love when that happens!
Thanks for stopping by today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I cleaned out my closet last week…does that count?
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!