Here’s one more idea for a Father’s Day card you might like…
Another shirt! But this time rather than a cute bow tie, a conventional tie with a tie clasp. Do you love this shirt? It’s the new Bohemian DSP as is the tie. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Bermuda Bay and Whisper White Cardstock plus the Bohemian DSP
- Ink: I used Memento Black for the sentiment inside
- Stamps: Whatever set you like the sentiment for the inside
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Ball ‘n Chain (bought at Hobby Lobby), Mini Brads
- The Bermuda Bay base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The DSP on the card front is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The DSP for the tie is 4″ square
- The DSP for the tiny tie inside is 2″ square
- For the shirt, find the center point at the top and mark with pencil. Score 1/2″ across top. Cut in 1″ from each side. Fold top corner to center line on both sides…your shirt collar is formed. Do not attach yet.
- Let’s make a tie. Fold your 4″ square by placing it down in a diamond shape (points at top and side). Fold one side point to the other to give you a center line. Open up and lie the side you want to see face down. With the square lying like a box now (not diamond) fold one side to the center line and crease. Fold the opposite side in and crease. Fold in both sides again and crease. Now fold down from the top 1 1/4″ (we are building a knot here) Fold up 1/3 of the “knot” and then one more time. Pull 1/3 to back and secure with glue dot. Add your ball ‘n chain for a tie clasp look with glue dots. How does your tie look? Attach it to shirt with three glue dots a little above the score line.
- Add dimensionals 1/2″ in on each collar and attach.
- Pierce holes and add mini brads for a button down look.
- Repeat these same steps for the little tie inside with the 2″ square.
Inside I have a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ Whisper White layer and the tiny tie. Here’s what that looks like…
I love this masculine card! I just may be getting the hand of the masculine card thingie…
There’s one more to show you this week. Three masculine cards in one week is a record for me.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
My “littles” love to find these, make a wish and blow!
Get inky…Be HaPpY!