Today’s post is a special birthday card and I’m excited to share it with you. When I am making a personal card, lingering over the making of it places lots of love inside it…
and the surprise on the inside…
Isn’t that fun? Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Real Red, Thick Whisper White Cardstock plus Love Blossoms DSP Stack
- Ink: Garden Green, Real Red, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black
- Stamps: Number of Years
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Large Numbers Framelits, Party Pop Up Thinlets, Aqua Painter and Circles Framelits
- The Real Red base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- The Thick Whisper White front layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ .
- The DSP layer on the left is 2″ x 4″ attached to Whisper White layer with adhesive.
- Add 5/8″ Real Red Satin Ribbon cut slightly longer than 4″ over the DSP and Whisper White with adhesive to back.
- Stamp leaves twice. Add Blushing Bride flowers to stem ends then Real Red slightly off the pink flowers.
- Stamp numbers on scrap Whisper White in Real Red ink and cut with framelit. Also cut numbers from fun foam (I used red foam) and glue to back of stamped numbers. Glue to card front over stamped flowers.
- Cut little banners from DSP and cardstock. Glue to card front overlapping with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black on scrap Thick Whisper White. Use your circle framelits to first cut the top and then a smaller circle die for the bottom. Tag the ends with your snips. If you don’t have the circle dies, find circles that work you can pencil around and hand cut.
- Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White 10 1/2″ x 4″, scored at 5 1/4″.
- Place the pop up die centered on this piece and cut. Fold the pop up toward you and the base card away from you.
- Slide a piece of scrap copy paper under the pop up for coloring. Using your Aqua Painter and reinker blend Real Red, Blushing Bride and Daffodil Delight over the pop up. Remove scrap when dried.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black on the right hand side plus a little snippet of the flowers/leaves.
- Stamp a single flower bundle as on the card front on the left hand side.
- Notice the envelope has matching DSP as a liner to coordinate.
This was a REALLY fun card to make. Take your time and enjoy the process adding love inside as you go.
We were very lucky to have not received all the snow parts of Tennessee did get. So thankful. It’s so cold though that I can’t talk the furbabies to go outside. Bladders of steel they have…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Just read two like that…
Keep warm, stay safe…and get those fingers inky. Perfect stamping weekend…Be HaPpY!