There was not going to be any resisting this nostalgic stamp set Wonderful Life…I mean it just spoke to me and how I feel about Christmas.
So I made this…
This is just so sweet! And…if you happen to be planning a holiday wedding, this set is perfect.
Everything but the background was colored with an Aqua Pen and Reinker…
After taping a border with post it notes, the background was sponged with Soft Sky. Once the background was done, the post it notes were removed and the border was hand drawn with a black Micron Pen (.005)
And inside the gifts were repeated to coordinate with the card front. This is a flat card that would not require extra postage.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Very Vanilla and Real Red Cardstock
- Ink: Soft Sky, Archival Basic Black, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist
- Stamps: Wonderful Lif
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Aqua Painter or Blender Pen, Micron Black .005 Pen, Post It Notes or masking tape
- The Thick Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Thick Very Vanilla layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp all images in Archival Basic Black including the sentiment. Add Post It notes or masking tape around all edges to create a 1/2″ border on all sides.
- Color all images with an Aqua Painter or a Blender Pen if you are more comfortable with it.
- After all images are colored, sponge Soft Sky in the background keeping it from going over the colored images as much as possible.
- Remove mask and hand draw border following masking line with black Micron Pen.
- Don’t forget to sign your artwork!
- Inside the Real Red layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Very Vanilla layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached with SNAIL. Stamp gift image and sentiment in Archival Basic Black, then color to coordinate with card front.
If this set appeals to you and you are still looking for that card design for this year, this just might be it! The coloring goes quickly and these could be mass produced quite easily. And, this card will mail flat without extra postage…bonus!!!
We are experiencing a gorgeous fall day…in August! Now if Starbucks would only start serving that Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Keep inky…be HaPpY!