What I mean by nontraditional is the color combination. One of the new designer series papers for Christmas called All is Calm is a personal favorite. So when creating today’s card I took my color cues from this paper. Here’s the card…
I’ve used the Wondrous Wreath stamp set again along with the coordinating framelit called Wonderful Wreath which also includes the Noel and a Joy in the kit. You can see why this DSP is a favorite and how nicely it pairs with the gold metallic paper. I’ve got another idea I’ll show you later this week with a silver combination that’s stunning…
Would you like to make this card? Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Lost Lagoon cardstock, Gold Metallic, Whisper White cardstock and All is Calm DSP
- Ink: Pear Pizzaz, Lost Lagoon, Versamark
- Stamps: Wondrous Wreath
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Wonderful Wreath Framelit set, 5/8″ Gold Satin ribbon, Circle Framelit
- The Lost Lagoon base card is cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Gold Foil layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The DSP is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The horizontal Gold Foil is 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- The horizontal DSP layer is 1 5/8″ x 5 1/8″
- The Gold Foil circle is 3″
- The wreath gold berries are Versamark with gold embossing powder heated.
- The Noel was cut once with Gold and once with Lost Lagoon and Tomboy glue used to shadow place them.
Tip: When I use framelits to cut words and intricate designs, I pounce my embossing buddy over the paper or die before cutting. It works like a charm. I know many use wax paper and that works too, but I just keep my embossing buddy next to the Big Shot I use for cutting.
Did you gather a little inspiration or a great tip you can use here today…GREAT! that’s my intention.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9.”
Being Inky is…Being HaPpY!