Here is another card made with the Floral Statement stamp set. Remember I got this on a Thursday afternoon and 24 hours later I had five cards made using colored pencils, water colors and paste in five different colors. Guess it would be safe to say I really like this set.
Here’s a card in navy and that the gorgeous combination with Lemon Lime Twist, colored pencils and paste!
Love this color combo…
A glamour close up showing the Lemon Lime Twist paste background and the colored pencil work on the flowers…
A side view shows the artwork is set up on Strip Adhesive and tie with that gorgeous ombre Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon.
and a peek inside…
So this project has a little bit of several techniques. I did do the paste stenciling the night before just because I wanted to be sure it was dry to handle and to stick things to.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Night of Navy, Lemon Lime Twist and Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Craft White
- Stamps: Floral Statements
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ribbon, White Embossing Powder, Colored Pencils, Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knife, Embossing Powder
- The Night of Navy base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″. Mix Stencil Paste with Lemon Lime Twist Reinker and mix with Palette Knife. Secure card front to work area with artist low tack tape, add stencil over this layer and secure with tape. Apply paste just like icing a cake! Clean tools and stencil immediately. Remove stencil and let dry.
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- The Night of Navy layer is 3″ x 4-1/4″. Use your Embossing Buddy on this layer. Stamp with White Craft Ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- Color all flowers and leaves with White colored pencil. Pick a light and dark shade of any color for flower and greens for leaves. Color with lightest color first. Add shadows with darker shade. Smooth lines with lightest color. Attach a piece of Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon around the bottom of this layer with SNAIL. Make a ribbon with several loops and tied center with Linen Thread. Add this layer to the Lemon Lime Twist layer with SNAIL Add Strip Adhesive to back and position toward the top of the card front.
- Inside the Whisper White layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ attached with SNAIL. The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 1/2″ x 4-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
Hope you enjoyed these techniques and you’ll plan to stop by later this week for a couple more pieces made with this stamp set. I’m trying to spread them out so you won’t get bored…
It’s Monday, a new week and today is Kit Class here at Rambling Rose Studio…Yay!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!