This stamp set has been on my desk far too long without seeing ink. Today it was christened with a certain little girl in mind who will tell you “I am an artist you know.”…
A few months ago I watched a video by Lydia Fiedler where she used this stamp set. I couldn’t find that video now if I wanted, but remembered enough to put this together. I may draw with pencil some glasses and go over it with my journal pen…Lyla wears glasses. The bling is totally her!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Watermelon Wonder, Basic Black and Thick Whisper White Chardstock
- Ink: Island Indigo, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette (cheeks), Going Gray and Watermelon Wonder
- Stamps: Talented Trio, Awesomely Artistic (wall splats)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Small round paint brush, Rhinestones
- The Watermelon Wonder base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Add post it notes to mask where you want your wall corner and sponge with Going Gray. Move post it notes to opposite side of where you just sponged and sponge again. Do the same with the floor lines. Stamp girl with Memento Black Ink. Stamp flower headband on scrap Whisper White, color with Watermelon Wonder marker add glue to back and set in hair. Add rhinestone to flower center. Color cheeks with Pink Pirouette marker. Wet apron with water and then a bit of Island Indigo reinker. Add rhinestones to bottom cuff of pants.
- With watered down Island Indigo reinker add shadow around feet.
- Stamp Watermelon Wonder and Island Indigo splats on “wall”.
- Attach this layer to card front with adhesive.
- Inside there is a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ Basic Black layer with a 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ Whisper White layer attached with adhesive. Add a splat or two in Island Indigo and Watermelon Wonder at the bottom right corner.
Think this card will be sent next time good news from school or softball field are shared…she will love it!
Here’s you “B-ism” for today…
Especially with the “to do” list growing by leaps and bounds.
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!