How many summers did I sit in the swing on my Aunt’s front porch and enjoy the beauty and smell of her climbing roses. She’s gone now but I have some of her flowers planted in my yard and I always think of her when they bloom. She would love today’s card of roses climbing a trellis…
Can’t you just smell these roses? This Stippled Blossom set is gorgeous. Creating beautiful impressions every time. We played with this stamp set in classes earlier this month and I loved the reaction as each person created their first rose. Want to give this card a try? Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White and Pool Party Cardstock
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzaz, Mellow Moss and Versamark
- Stamps: Stippled Blossoms and En Francais (background)
- Tools and Embellishments: Chevron Border Punch, Lost Lagoon Satin Ribbon, Pool Party Embossing Powder and Pearls
- Whisper White card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Pool Party layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Punch Chevron Border Punch down one side of top white layer. Save punched pieces.
- Glue with Tomboy the punched pieces over the punch border to create a trellis effect.
- Stamp En Francias baclground stamp with Versamark and cover with Pool Party Embossing Powder. Heat with heat tool.
- Adhere Lost Lagoon ribbon along trellis edge.
- Adhere top white layer to Pool Party layer and then card front.
- Stamp three roses and leaves on scrap Whisper White and fussy cut.
- One rose is flush with card front, one is on a single dimensional layer and the last is on a double layer of dimensionals.
- Attach leaves and pearls.
I have purposely left this card without a sentiment because I feel it could be used for several different occasions. I’ll add the sentiment later when I’m ready to use the card.
Hope you enjoyed this card today and you’ll create a masterpiece of your own.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Be a Flamingo in a crowd of pigeons!”
Get Happy…Get Inky!