Have you ever experienced a “fortunate 0opsie” while working on a project? Happens to me all the time…as with today’s post I’m calling Moonlight Reindeer using the Santa’s Sleigh stamp set…
Unless I tell you, I doubt you’d ever pick out the “oopsie” because it looks so much better than if I intentionally tried to do it. It’s the snow in the trees. After stamping them I immediately stamped the snow flakes with VersaMark and sprinkled the whole card front with White Embossing Powder. Dumping the embossing powder…what to my surprise!…the embossing powder also stuck to the Archival Basic Black Ink because it had not quite dried. Love the effect and probably couldn’t have done it better…might help you out somewhere along the line…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar and Dapper Denim Cardstock, plus Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Basic Black, Dapper Denim, Old Olive and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Santa’s Sleigh, Thoughtful Branches and Gorgeous Grunge splat stamp for snow
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: VersaMark Ink, White Embossing Powder, sponge and 1-1/2″ circle punch
- The Thick Whisper White card base is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Dapper Denim layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Punch circle from post it note to mask moon. Sponge Dapper Denim over top of layer. Remove mask and stamp trees with Basic Black and snow with VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Magic! Cut a piece of Dazzling Diamonds 5-1/4″ x 1-3/4″ and hand cut curves. Attach to layer with Multipurpose Glue. Stamp reindeer on Baked Brown Sugar with Early Espresso then cut with thinlit. Add some “snow” on him with Versamark Ink on “splat” stamp, sprinkle with White EP and heat. Add reindeer with dimensionals to layer so the reindeer appears in the moon. Stamp wreath in Old Olive and cut with thinlit. Slit with scissors and slide around reindeer neck using a glue dot to hold. Attach this layer to Dapper Denim layer with Multipurpose Glue.
- The sentiment is a layer of Dapper Denim 3-1/8″ x 5/8″ and the Whisper White layer is stamped in Basic Black 5/8″ x 3″ attached to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a layer of Dapper Denim 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a Whisper White layer 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ with the matching sentiment to the front.
It’s true that your mistakes can sometimes create a happy ending…we do it all the time in my classes!
Hope you are enjoying beautiful fall weather or what ever season you might be having in your neck of the woods…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!