Today’s project will be entered into the Global Design Challenge #076. The challenge is to case Kylie Bertucci’s project in any way…card design, color combo or using the same stamp set.
Here’s Kylie’s card…
So I flipped her design and came up with this…
I”ve been dying to get ink on this stamp set! Isn’t it cute?
It’s a little bit retro which is why I was attracted to it initially.
The mixing bow and mixer were colored with Water Color Pencils, smoothed with the white pencil and covered in Thin Tipped Glue before “fussy cutting”…
Inside the mitt was stamped on the Designer Series Paper and “fussy cut”…
This was a fun challenge to take part in. If you would like the info to participate (there’s a new one each week), here’s the link.
Now for the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Craft 12″ x 12″, Sweet Sugar Plum and Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Perfect Mix
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Lace Doilies, 1/4″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Thin Tipped Glue
- The Craft base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″. Stamp card front with mitt and Archival Basic Black ink.
- The Sweet Sugar Plum layer is 3-3/8″ x 5-1/2″
- The Succulent Garden DSP is 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ attached to Sugar Plum layer with SNAIL. Add a band of the 1/4″ Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon 1-1/2″ from left side with SNAIL. Make several loops with ribbon and tie center with Linen Thread. Add over band of ribbon with glue dots. Add this layer to card front 1/4″ from bottom with SNAIL.
- Cut a lace doily in half and add to card front with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp mixing bowl and mixer on scrap Thick Whisper White CS. Color with Watercolor Pencils. I then smoothed the colors with the White Water Color Pencil. Add Thin Tipped Glue to all surfaces of stamped images and let dry. Fussy cut bowl and mixer and add to card front with dimensionals.
- The sentiment is stamped and trimmed to 5/8″ x 3/4″. The Sweet Sugar Plum is 3/4″ x 7/8″. Add at an angle with dimensionals next to bow.
- Inside the Sweet Sugar Plus layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached to card with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached to Sweet Sugar Plum layer with SNAIL
- Stamp the mitt on the DSP and “fussy cut”. Add at bottom right corner of layers with SNAIL
Well…it’s Friday again! You know what that means. It’s “date night” at my house which means dinner out and maybe a movie if we can find one we haven’t seen.
Thanks so much for stopping in today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!