I made a card today from one of the new stamps sets in the Occasion Catalog that is soooooo going to be on its way to South Korea tomorrow…
Here’s the card…
Yep, the closer Christmas gets, the harder it gets to be apart.
Things you might miss…that tree is shaped like a heart (Valentine!) and the flower box flowers were stamped in a group and “fussy cut” to fit the box.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Pool Party cardstock
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Pear Pizazz and Basic Black
- Stamps: Happy Home
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Home & Hearth Framelits, Window Sheet and Aqua Painter
- The Pool Party base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Cut the window frame from Thick Whisper White.
- Cut Window Sheet 2 1/2″ x 3″ and attach to back of window frame with Tombow Glue.
- Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White 2 1/2″ x 3″. Stamp the tree scene a little off center. I colored the stamp with markers before stamping. Using an Aqua Painter and Pear Pizazz ink from lid of pad with water from Aqua Painter, lightly paint the ground area. Do the same with the Pool Party stamp pad for the sky. I added a few dots of Watermelon Wonder in the tree and colored in the little flowers in the forefront. Add this piece to your card front with adhesive.
- Add dimensionals to back of window frame and place over the tree scene.
- Stamp the window box in Crumb Cake and cut out with framelit. Sponge edges of box with Crumb Cake. Add dimensionals to back of box and place at bottom of window frame.
- Using markers to color the flower stamps, complete a group of flowers the length of the window box. Add some leaf shapes with Pear Pizazz marker and “fussy cut”. Add dimensionals to back and place over the window box.
- Stamp sentiment in Basic Black on Thick Whisper White, trim and flag one end. Add to flowers.
I was so happy to see this stamp set in the new catalog. I love these little scenes peeking through a window frame.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Ah, yes, it’s the baggage that complicates life…
Let’s get inky together…and Be HaPpY!