Many of you know my daughter and son-in-love are stationed in Seoul, SK. They have been there for almost 2 1/2 years now. And even though Sweetums and I have both been over, that’s a long time to be away from home.
The good news is she will be headed home next month (YAY!) and he will follow six weeks later. But there have been many times for all of us when today’s card would be so appropriate…
How sweet is this baby elephant?
The top Whisper White layer is from this month’s Paper Pumpkin…
The Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder adds some nice texture to the background on the card front and inside.
Any of the three baby animals in the A Little Wild set would work for this card.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Pool Party Cardstock, plus water color paper.
- Ink: Pool Party, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: A Little Wild and Oh So Eclectic (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Border Stars Punch (retired), Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder, Little Loves Framelits Dies, Aqua Painter and Adhesive Strips
- The Pool Party base card also came from this month’s Paper Pumpkin but you can cut one at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Whisper White top layer measures 5-1/4″ x 4″. The circle is 2″ wide if you need to cut one. After adding the sentiment at lower left in Archival Basic Black, run this layer through Big Shot with Layered Leaves EF.
- Cut a piece of water color paper 3″ square. Using the Aqua Painter with water, wet the surface. Add drops of Night of Navy and Pool party. Tilt the paper if necessary to cover the square. Let dry.
- Punch stars with border punch and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Use multipurpose glue to add water color paper to back of embossed White layer. Add stars with multipurpose glue. Add this layer to the card front with Adhesive Strips.
- Stamp elephant with Archival Basic Black ink on water color paper. Use your Aqua Painter and work from the lid of the Smoky Slate ink pad to color the elephant. Cut out with framelit and attach to front of card with dimensionals..
- Inside there is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Thick Whisper White CS that has been embossed just at the bottom with the Layered Leaves EF and attached to card inside with SNAIL.
We are taking “the Littles” to the beach in two weeks before they start their next year of school, so I think I’ll save this card to send to them after we come home. We always miss them so much after we have spent time with them and I doubt we’ll see them again until Thanksgiving!
Hope you are having a wonderful, happy start to your new week.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me in all colors…and be HaPpY!