Many of my blog readers know my daughter and son-in-love are living in Seoul, South Korea, as he serves our country. They have been there two years next month. I won’t say the time has flown by…because it hasn’t.
I can say FaceTime is the greatest invention ever…
So with that said, today’s post is a snail mail card made especially for them. More HaPpY mail…
This stamp set was featured earlier this week, but with a different sentiment and in other colors. This is a hostess set from the Annual Catalog…
the sponged area was masked and splattered with the Rich Razzleberry marker.
a close up peek…
And bottomed off with has become my signature bow in Linen Thread…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you..
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Crumb Cake Cardstock
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizazz and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Gift of Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Post It Notes, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Markers, sponge.
- The Thick Whisper White base card I 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Stamp flower in Archival Basic Black. Also stamp flower on post it note and “fussy cut” to be used as a mask. This is a two-step stamp. Stamp flower in Rich Razzleberry and leaves in Pear Pizazz. I went over flowers to shade using Water Color Pencil in Rich Razzleberry and the leaves with Old Olive. Cover flower image with mask.
- Mask off area to be sponged with post it notes. Sponge with Crumb Cake. Using top of Rich Razzleberry marker flick color over sponged area with marker. Remove all masks…magic!
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
- Wrap Linen Thread around this layer crisscrossing in front and attach in back with SNAIL. Make a bow with several loops and tie off in center. A youtube tutorial on this bow can be found here. Attach to card front where the thread meets with glue dots. Add this layer over the Crumb Cake layer using SNAIL or Multipurpose Glue.
- Inside there is a 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ layer of Crumb Cake with a Whisper White layer on top 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″.
This weekend I have two classes scheduled and I’m so excited about what we will be making. Still have lots of preparation to get done before Saturday and heaven knows this studio is a mess!
Hope you have not be involved in the nasty weather in the northeast…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come back tomorrow and get inky with me…you’ll be HaPpY!