Third day of the Mini Masterpiece series of flowers and birds…
Tomorrow I will show a photo of the finished piece along with the last mini.
Here’s the one for today…
Adding dimension to these little art pieces is the most fun for me. The little wren’s next is made from “grass” that was soaked in water, squished together and dried. Some trimming had to happen for it to fit the branch, but I love the way it turned out.
There just happens to be a momma wren in the flower box on the front porch and she’s very protective every time we go out the door!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Daffodil Delight and Whisper White cardstock
- Ink: Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede and Calypso Coral plus Memento Black
- Stamps: An Open Heart
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Brown “grass”, Crystal Effects and Blender Pen
- The Daffodil Delight layer is 3 5/8″ x 2 5/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 3 3/8″ x 2 3/8″
- Stamp the bird on scrap Whisper White with Memento Black and color with markers and Blender Pens. After drying “fussy” cut and add Crystal Effects. Let dry.
- Stamp branch on Whisper White layer and color with Blender Pens and markers
- Soak your “grass” for the nest and squish together. You can use your heat gun to dry. Add to branch with hot glue and trim if needed.
- Add bird with dimensionals
- Attach layers together.
I’ll be back tomorrow with the last of the series and a photo of the finished frame. Hope you can stop back by.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And there’s a good reason why I haven’t this week. I’ll tell you later…
I’m inky…and HaPpY!