This set was given out at the Salt Lake City Convention in July. At first glance my impression was…nice. But after using the Thanks with the beautiful curling vines and the “thumping” technique in three pretty fall colors, I fell in love with it. There are lots of examples on Pinterest and Stampin’ Connection, but I try to use my sets for the first time before looking at all the samples. If you missed the Thanks card with the “thumping” technique, just click the holiday button and scroll down. There’s also a video on the “thumping” technique here. Here is the Merry in Blue card… Isn’t that fun? When I get caught up for the holidays (who am I kidding?) the Valentine stamp is at the top of my list. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you on this card… Stuff:
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White and Lost Lagoon cardstock plus All Is Calm DSP
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Old Olive
- Stamps: Seasonally Scattered
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread (of course), Frosted Sequins and All Is Calm Snowflakes
- Base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- The first Lost Lagoon layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The DSP is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The smaller Lost Lagoon layer is 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- The Whisper White cardstock layer is 4 3/8″ x 3 3/8″. There is another set of layers this size inside the card with a couple of sequins to coordinate with the front of the card
- The Merry stamp was first covered with Sahara Sand ink then “thumped” with markers of the other three colors. Huff the stamp to remoisten if necessary before stamping
- Ta-Da! Don’t you just love it? I’m pretty sure you could never produce two that looked exactly the same, but they are all always beautiful!
- Attach the Whisper White layer to the smaller Lost Lagoon layer and tie with Linen Thread. The “how to” for the linen thread look is included on the “thumping” video, too.
- Don’t forget to attach your pretty snowflake. This whole layer is up on dimensionals.
Hope you enjoyed this post today and gathered some sort of inspiration for creations of your own. Thanks so much for stopping by. Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Life is supposed to be FUN…the JOY is in the journey!” I’m always having fun because my fingers are always INKY and that makes me HaPpY!