My first card with this set…does that give you any idea how far behind I am? Seriously, just yesterday was the first time I was able to sleep through the night and not be up at 3 a.m. A trip to Seoul, South Korea can mess with your internal clock! Now this weekend we fall back an hour…good grief!
Inspite of all that, this set is a breath of freshness and was fun to work with. I look forward to using the matching framelits for ideas swimming in my head. Here’s the card from yesterday…
Not traditional colors…something a little different. With that Old Olive background a Cherry Cobbler ornament would be pretty too! And this card wouldn’t require extra postage either…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Old Olive cardstock
- Ink: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black plus VersaMark
- Stamps: Embellished Ornaments and Jingle All The Way (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Pewter and Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder, Silver Cording, Painter’s Tape, Aqua Painter and sponge.
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Old Olive layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The top Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″. Mask with painter’s tape on the left and bottom sides. Sponge with Old Olive ink making the bottom darker than the top. With your Aqua Painter and Tempting Turquoise ink splatter the background. Now remove the painter’s tape carefully.
- Stamp the ornament in Versamark slightly to the left of the masking line and sprinkle Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder and heat. Stamp ornament cap in Versamark, sprinkle with Pewter Embossing Powder and heat. Stamp sentiment under the background in Basic Black. Punch hole for Silver Cording with your piercing tool and attach on back with adhesive. Attach this layer over the Old Olive layer with Tomboy Glue.
- Here’s a shot of the inside of the card…I don’t usually show the inside but thought you might be interested…
The messages with this stamp set are awesome…I love the combination of fonts.
It’s rainy again today…fourth day! Sure hope it dries up soon because I’m feeling a little mildewed.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Seems fair to me!
Hope you are inky…and HaPpY!