So yesterday we talked about making a tree stamp from the Build A Border Thinlits Dies with fun foam. If you didn’t see yesterday’s post, you can see it here.
Today I’ve created a forest of Christmas trees in the snow made from Embossing Paste mixed with Dazzling Diamonds…Oh boy is this ever pretty in person!
Here’s the fun foam stamp again on water color paper all moody and drippy.
In this close up you get an idea of the dimension of the snow with the Embossing Paste. The “snow” was made with Craft White Ink and a stylus.
I love this card, but truthfully if I were to remake it, I’d leave off the suggestions of the sun. If you make this card, see what you think before adding the sun.
Alright, let’s get to those Stuff ‘N Digits so you can get started…
- Paper: Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock plus water color paper
- Ink: Marina Mist, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive and Mossy Meadow (retired) you could substitute Always Artichoke
- Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, fun foam trees and Seasonal Lantern (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Craft White Ink, Round brush or Aqua Painter, masking or painter’s tape
- The Lemon Lime Twist base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The water color paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Tape water color paper border onto a flat surface. Wet the surface of the water color paper with a spritzer or brush. Stamp a set of trees across the paper in Lemon Lime Twist. Tilt paper so that color can “bloom” toward the bottom. Let dry naturally and completely.
- Stamp over trees again in Lemon Lime Twist with evergreen tree from Lovely As A Tree. Over stamp again in Old Olive and then Mossy Meadow or any darker green.
- Using brush, wet water color paper between trees and all of sky area. Drop Marina Mist reinker in space between trees and tilt paper to let the color run toward the sky area. You can encourage movement with a wet brush and add more color if you need it. You can also create clouds with a smooshed tissue absorbing color here and there. Let dry completely and naturally.
- Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black ink
- Mix a small amount of Embossing Paste with a bit of Dazzling Diamonds. Add to tree limbs with the Piercing Tool or anything you feel comfortable working with. Let dry.
- Add snow in the sky and on trees with White Craft Ink refill. This does take overnight to dry at least!
- Add water color art to card front with multipurpose glue.
These are so much fun to make…but I wouldn’t want to mass produce them…no way!
We are expecting rain from Texas and Louisana this afternoon and tomorrow. Nothing like what the folks in those states have experienced though. What a tragedy.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!