You know how you can give someone directions on how to drive to a particular place? Probably you could have sent them three or four different ways but they would still end up where you sent them.
That’s the way it is with the “eclipse” technique that has been all the rage in stamping lately. There are several waysto achieve the look but you still end up with the eclipse “look”.
So today I have a pretty home décor piece for the Christmas holiday decorating season done in the eclipse technique of my choice…
How lucky I was able to capture some of the Dazzling Diamonds glittering in this photo…never easy to do!
A glamour close up and more glittery goodness…
The opening in this frame is 5″ x 10″…perfect for this technique and most greetings for the holidays.
I’ve used my favorite color combination (blues and greens).
This project took maybe 45 minutes to complete start to finish.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Watercolor paper
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Watercolor Christmas (sentiment) The tree stamp was made using the Card Front Builder Framelits and Fun Foam. Cut two sets of trees each two layers of Fun Foam glued together with multipurpose glue to make your own stamps.
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Large Letters Framelits Dies, 2-Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Thick Fun Foam or make two layers of thin, Multipurpose Adhesive Strips, Water Spritzer, Frame (mine came from Hobby Lobby)
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper the size of your frame opening. Mine is 5″ x 10″.
- Load your three-tree stamp with Lemon Lime Twist Ink, spritz stamp three times and stamp. Go ahead and stamp all your Lemon Lime Trees across the paper.
- Now spritz your stamped trees to encourage “blooming”…
- Once that layer is dry enough (you can soak up drips with tissue), load up just the left edge of your second set of your three-tree stamp in Tranquil Tide. Spitz stamp three times and stamp just to the right of your first Lemon Lime Twist tree. Spritz these trees with water to help them “bloom and bleed”.
- Once that ink is dry, stamp another row of Lemon Lime Twist trees right over the bleeding/blooming trees to get a clean image.
- Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
- Add Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to back of Fun Foam. Cut the letters from thick Fun Foam (I used white foam).
- Add Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to back of watercolor piece where you will be cutting letters.
- Set letters up on inked watercolor paper. Be sure to leave room for double letters. Cut letters. Before removing letters from watercolor paper, add 2-Way Glue over trees and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds. Pretty!
- Cut a backing piece for watercolor paper from packing sheet inside Designer Series Paper. Remove protective paper from Adhesive Sheet on back of watercolor paper and add watercolored piece to DSP backing piece.
- Remove protective paper from Fun Foam letters and add to coordinating letters on watercolor sheet. Add watercolored letters to Fun Foam.
- Set finished piece inside frame. I removed the glass from my frame.
My plans are to make several of these that say different things for the Christmas holidays. Hope you will give this seasonal décor piece a try…it was so much fun to make!
It’s Friday! Yay…except we are expecting a very cold, rainy day tomorrow. Good weather for finishing up OnStage projects!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!