Well…we survived our “home alone” Thanksgiving…
Was it as much fun as being with “the Littles” and all our family? Well…no.
But it really wasn’t a bad day all in all. I would describe it as quiet, but not in a bad way. We cooked (Sweetums smoked a turkey breast) and I made all the sides … just much small amounts than usual.
Then a neighbor called and invited us to desert…that was nice. Then a cousin happened to call and was in town…so they dropped by for a visit. And the 70 degree weather was really nice too so we took advantage of the golf course being closed and took a long walk with the furbabies. Nice day all in all.
Today has been spent reorganizing. Monday is the Christmas Market and I’ve decided there is enough product for that and the studio needed cleaning for a fresh start in December and the upcoming Sale-A-Bration event starting January 1st.
But there was time this morning for a cuppa and a little water coloring to share with you this afternoon…
Isn’t this the prettiest stamp? Reminds me of a walk way we saw in Capri… I just had to try water coloring with my new pencils.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock plus Water Color Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black Ink
- Stamps: Mediterranean Moments
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: SU! Water Color Pencils, Small Round Brush
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Basic Black layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Water Color paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp image in Archival Basic Black. Using water color pencils enjoy coloring image. With a small round brush and some water, go over each color one at a time cleaning your brush between color changes. Once dry, you can always add color, while wet you can delete color with water and a tissue. It’s so much fun to play with.
- Add water color paper to card front with multipurpose glue. Set an acrylic block or book on top until glue dries.
Did you shop this Black Friday? In the store or online? I have definitely taken advantage of SU! deals this week…and a few other things for Christmas online. I’d never go shopping in crowds…never!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope you have time to get inky and …Be HaPpY!