Sometimes masculine cards can be difficult for me (what? no flowers), how about you? This card today came from an inspiration I saw on Pinterest and it gave me an opportunity to use my new stamps set received at the SU! Catalog Premiere. Here’s the card…
See the background? That is one stamp in the set Work of Art coming out in the new catalog and available for ordering June 1st. I’ve become obsessed with the Hardwood background stamp…so many uses and perfect for a masculine card. If you also have a hard time developing a masculine card, maybe this will give you an idea for a creation of your own. Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits to help you out…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Pool Party cardstock. Watercolor paper.
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pool Party and Black StazOn
- Stamps: Wetlands, Hardwood background
- Tools and Embellishments: Linen Thread, 5/8″ Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Brads and Linen Thread.
- Card base is Crumb Cake 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″.
- First Pool Party Layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Very Vanilla layer is stamped in Crumb Cake and cut to 5 1/4″ x 4″
- The rectangular Crumb Cake layer is 4 1/8″ x 2 7/8″
- The Pool Party layer is 4″ x 2 3/4″
- The watercolor paper is 3 7/8″ x 2 5/8″
- The pylons are 1/2″ wide and whatever length you’d like wrapped in Linen Thread.
- The small rectangle is 2″ x 1 3/4″ and the top layer is 1 7/8″ x 1 5/8″
This went together easily and then I made one with Smoky Gray and Sky Blue just to see how it would turn out. They are equally nice! Hope you are ready to make some cards for the men in your life.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”I got a week’s worth of cardio after walking through a spider web!”
Be Inky…Be Happy!