We had a GREAT class today at Rambling Rose Studio. Lots of my favorite Stampin’ Peeps were here today and believe me there was lots of energy in the room. Really meant to take a photo, but just got caught up in their enthusiasm and forgot. Maybe next class…
Soon I have a special masculine birthday coming up and didn’t want to wait til the last minute to make this card (I know, maybe I’m coming down with something!) Here’s what I made today…
This guy is a real train “nut” so this stamp set called Traveler is perfect for him. I was inspired by Ann Schach and a card she posted this week on Paper Pals. Thanks Ann! And I am lovin’ this DSP! Today I ordered the In-color selection to add to my Neutrals. Not a bad pattern in the bunch.
So here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits on this one for you just in case you know a “train nut”, too!
- Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black and Neutrals Color Collection DSp
- Ink: Memento Black and Mossy Meadow
- Stamps: Traveler, Lovely As A Tree and Basic Butterfly (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Ovals Framelits, Crystal Effects
Digits ‘N Directions
- The Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- I used the 2nd and third from the smallest Ovals Framelits for openings
- On your magnetic platform with one cutting pad down place your card front and line up you DSP on top and cut with smallest oval framelit
- Now with just your DSP layer on the magnetic frame with one cutting pad down place the DSP and the 3rd from smallest oval framelit and cut the larger oval. This gives you a framed look for the front of the card image.
- Cut a second piece of Whisper White 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Using the front of the card with the smaller oval opening, lightly mark where the opening is on the second piece of Whisper White. Stamp the Lovely As A Tree image with Mossy Meadow where you have indicated. Now attach this stamped piece behind the front of the card so the trees will show through the oval.
- Attach you DSP layer to the front of the card.
- Stamp the train image on scrap Whisper White and “fussy cut”. Add Crystal Effects and let dry.
- With the larger oval cut a piece of Basic Black and a piece of Whisper White with the smaller oval.
- Stamp the white oval with Lovely as a Tree and Mossy Meadow. Stamp off first to get a lighter image.
- Stamp sentiment and attach smaller oval to Basic Black oval then to card front with dimensionals.
- Once your train is dry, attach to card front with dimensionals.
Hope this inspires you to give this card a try. Masculine cards can be challenging sometimes. I know my “train nut” will be happy with this card.
Hope you are having an exceptional day.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get those fingers inky…Be HaPpY!