Next week is one of the Littles birthday…Lyla will turn nine. There have been a couple of projects in the works here in the studio and I’d love to show you this one…
That’s a shot of the top and here’s another angle…
and here’s the inside…
Pretty sure she will love this box…and what will be inside it too!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock, Backing sheet from DSP pack and Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper, Thick Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride, Mossy Meadow and Mint Macaron Cardstock
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Early Espresso
- Stamps: Botanical Blooms
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1 1/4″ Satin Watermelon Wonder Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Botanical Builder Framelits
- From the DSP packing cardboard cut (2) 4 1/2″ squares. Cut top DSP 5″ square and inside DSP 4 1/4″ square. Cover one piece of cardboard with the DSP you want on top folding around and gluing with Tombow glue. Add 4 1/4″ liner with glue.
- Cut a piece of ribbon 26″ long and glue down center of the covered square leaving 9″ on one end.
- Let’s make a hinge for our box. Cut a 4″ x 3″ piece of Thick Whisper White and score at 1″ and 3″. Burnish score lines. Glue one side to bottom of box.
- Let’s make the box…Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White 6″ x 6″. Score 1″ on all sides. Snip one side of corner. Burnish all score lines and using Tear Tape glue tabs inside box. Let’s make a hinge for our box. Cut a 4″ x 3″ piece of Thick Whisper White and score at 1″ and 2″ on the 3″ side. Burnish score lines. Glue one 1″ side to bottom of box.
- Glue this box with hinge in place to the 4 1/2″ covered square you just made over the ribbon. This is the bottom of the box.
- Now let’s make the box top. Cover top side with the DSP and glue to inside. Glue ribbon and hinge to opposite side of box top then cover with 4″ DSP square.
- Inside cut a 4″ square to cover the bottom of the inside. Cut four 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ strips to glue to the sides of the inside of the box.
- Cut four strips of DSP to cover the outside sides of your box. Tie your ribbon in a bow to close.
- Decorate the top with blooms and pearls.
I promise you this is an easy project. Took me maybe one hour to make. The flowers took longer that the box!
What could these be?
Tune in tomorrow for more projects for Lyla’s birthday…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!