After three beautiful windows open spring days…
It’s winter again!
Back to the studio with all sorts of ideas swimming around. The first piece of paper on my counter was this scrap from yesterday’s project…now look at it.
Yep…this idea came from reading Lydia Fielder’s blog this week and this little scrap seemed to be the perfect time to give it a try. The watercolor was already on the paper so a little (not much really) Bokeh technique, some splatters with my paint brush, a little collage and spritzing my stamped image before stamping. I’m kind of loving it…what do you think Lydia?
The sentiment has purposely been left off until time to use this card. Would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits?
Here you go…
- Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana cardstock plus water color paper
- Ink: Reinkers Pear Pizazz, Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana for water color background, Soft Suede, Old Olive and Strawberry Slush
- Stamps: Fabulous Florets and Summer Silhouettes
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, White Gel Pen and Fancy Fan EF
- The Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The embossed layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Coastal Cabana layer is 4 5/8″ x 2 5/8″
- The water color layer is 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Emboss the Whisper White layer with Fancy Fan EF and attach to card front.
- Emboss the envelope flap to coordinate with card front.
- Spritz the water color paper medium. Drop watered down reinker on paper and let it spread. Try not to overlap colors but let them run together. Heat to dry.
- Ink stamps and spritz with water before stamping. If you want it to blur more, spritz stamp heavier or spritz paper after stamping.
- Add background stamp from Summer Silhouettes in Soft Suede
- Splatter water color paper with paint brush filled with Soft Suede
- Add water color paper to Coastal Cabana with adhesive, add linen thread and add to card front with dimensionals
- Make Linen Thread bow and add with glue dots.
This card would work well for many occasions, so I decided to leave off the sentiment until I need a card. I do this often.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I need another hot drink to make it through this chilly day.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
This just seemed so appropriate for today…
I’m inky…and HaPpY!