Yes remembering my childhood and teaching my children and now g’children how to pull the petals of a daisy saying, “Loves me, loves me not”. Such sweet memories…
So you will understand why today’s post is so close to my heart.
Oh, be still my heart! How sweet is she?
All coloring was done with water color pencils and a damp round brush.
And a side view showing her shadow which was “painted” in with black water color pencil and the dimension.
and a peek inside!
In reality this is a really simple card, but it does use three different framelit sets and the Daisy Punch. I still love it anyway!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Birthday Delivery, Soft Sayings Kit (sentiment…I couldn’t help it the sentiment was perfect!) and Daisy Delight
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/2″ Circle Punch, Daisy Punch, Scalloped Ovals Framelits, Birthday Friends Framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Adhesive Strips and Water Color Pencils plus small round brush
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Daffodil Delight layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″. Cut with scalloped oval framelit leaving a little more room at bottom for sentiment. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black then attach to card from positioned centered side to side and closer to the bottom to make room for daisy at top.
- Stamp girl with Archival Basic Black on water color paper, let dry. Color with water color pencils. I used Calypso Coral lightly for skin tone, Pacific Point for dress and Soft Suede and Daffodil Delight for hair. Cut out with framelit. Isn’t it so cool this framlit can cut out this stamp of the girl backwards and the girl from the DSP from the front? Clever designer! Add to center of scalloped oval on card front with strip adhesive. It stands up taller than dimensionals.
- Cut branch from Old OLive with branch thinlit in Seasonal Layers Thinlits. Cut away one of the branches so you have a single branch. Stamp two daisies on scrap Thick Whisper White in Archival Basic Black. Let dry! Using a dauber and Daffodil Delight ink pad, color centers. Punch out both daisies. Stamp the detailed flower center stamp on Daffodil Delight scrap with Daffodil Delight ink and punch out with 1/2″ Circle Punch and add to daisy center. Cut one daisy in half. Be sure there are no petals above half way of center. Glue (SNAIL or multipurpose glue) three petals from those you cut away to back of first layer so they fill in the blank spaces.
- With glue dots or multipurpose glue add stem to hands and back of daisy. Add daisy to top right corner of card front with two dimensionals.
- Inside the Daffodil Delight layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- Add stem with multipurpose glue and one half daisy made the same as the card front daisy with a dimensional. Stamp center like previous daisy and add to flower center.
Like I said in the beginning, this is a pretty simple card, but does use several pieces from different sets.
Tomorrow’s post is pretty special, so I hope you’ll stop by and participate!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And you can always be HaPpY with inky fingers!