It’s so good to be back in my studio after a two-week Florida stay. My SU! order was here when I got home but my schedule of classes prevented me from doing anything more than open the box and drool. Last night I had the chance to play and picked the Lovely Lace EF to experiment with. Here is the first card I came up with…
How fun is that? You just can’t do anything but beautiful with this EF. First I just embossed the black cardstock and it was gorgeous on both sides. Then I tried using the chalk marker on the embossed images. Liked that too! But then I tried the new Blendabilities over the chalk marker and this is what happened. Yep, I liked that too. THEN I decided to doodle a little with the white gel pen. At any point I could have stopped and used the layer just as it was, but I just wanted to see what would happen if I added one more thing. (It’s a sickness I suffer with) Did you notice the envelope?
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you if you’d like to give this card a try…
- Paper: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Basic Black and Pool Party cardstock
- Ink: Actually no ink pads were used!
- Stamps: And no stamps were used!
- Tools and Embellishments: Lovely Lace EF, Chalk Marker, Blendabilities Pens, White Gel Pen, Pearls, 5/8″ White Organza Ribbon and Apothecary Accents Framelits.
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Whisper White cardstock scored at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Lost Lagoon layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Pool Party layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic Black layer is 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Emboss the Basic Black cardstock with Lovely Lace EF, use chalk marker to cover the area you want to color with Blendabilities
- Color with Blendabilities Pens, Highlight with White Gel Pen
- The tag at the top is a portion of the Apothecary Accents Framelit.
- The ribbon is pleated and held in place with glue dots.
- Add Pearls.
Hope you enjoyed this card today. Thanks for stopping by.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Change is hard in the beginning…Messy in the middle…and Gorgeous at the end.”
Get those fingers inky and be Happy!