November will arrive this week and like I mentioned to you last week, this is a BIG birthday month for me which includes several masculine birthdays.
Believe it or not the masculine cards were made first! You probably think I have cards stacked all over my studio, but I don’t. I REALLY do mail my cards. All. The. Time. LIke…everyday!
This week I’ll concentrate on the sweet, feminine cards like this one…
This Designer Series Paper is from the Whole Lot of Lovely set…one of my favorites!
This layer opens up to reveal the sentiment…
This sentiment is from Birthday Blooms.
How sweet and feminine is this card? And it’s for someone really special. On the back of the card there is a layer of DSP and Whisper White to write a personal message.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Powder Pink and Soft Sky Cardstock, plus Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Ribbon (Seam Binding used here), Clear Faceted Gems, small round magnets (holds top layer closed)
- The Powder Pink base card is 4-1/4″ x 8-1/4″. Score on long side at 2-3/4″ and 5-1/2″. Fold and burnished with bone folder.
- Cut a layer of Soft Sky CS 2-5/8″ x 4-1/8″. Cut a piece of DSP 2-1/2″ x 4″. Attach to Soft Sky layer with SNAIL.
- Add a piece of ribbon around top of these two layers attached with SNAIL. Loop ribbon several times, tie center with Linen Thread and attach to ribbon band with glue dots. Add this completed layer to front panel of card.
- Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach inside card with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of DSP 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″. Attach over Whisper White inside card with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of Soft Sky 2-1/2″ x 7″. Score at 3-1/2″. Cut a piece of Whisper White CS 2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Attach inside Soft Sky cardstock with the fold facing to the right. Close this piece and add a layer of Whisper White 2-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ with SNAIL. Cut a piece of DSP 2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ to place over the Whisper White. Add this small card to the main card base 1/2″ in from right side and 1/4″ up from bottom edge with SNAIL.
- Add the Faceted Gem on the left side of the small card. Add small round magnets to the front panel of the larger card and inside the front panel of the smaller card. It works best to put the magnets together, add a glue dot and place on the inside of the smaller card, then add another glue dot to the back of the second magnet and close the panel.
- On the back of the main card cut a layer of DSP 4″ x 5-1/4″ then add with SNAIL. Cut a piece of Whisper White 3-3/4″ x 5″. Add with SNAIL over the DSP. Perfect place to add your personal message.
The continue to specialishness (is that a word?) of this card, DSP was added to the envelope flap to coordinate with the card front.
After spending a weekend inside due to cold, rainy weather I can report all my swaps and roomie gifts are complete. I have actually started to pack supplies for a class I’m taking on Wednesday and my presentation at OnStage! There is the daily posts to make, photograph and post up for this and next week, but that’s doable…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
works every time.
Stay inky….be HaPpY!