So this happened this morning…
My daughter and son-in-love called (on FaceTime) from Seoul, South Korea! It was so good to see them and listen to their travel adventures from Baltimore to Seoul with a 22 pound cat and a “fussy” little 5 pound dog.
Got my day off to an awesome start…
The tiny little paint brush is still out on the counter so this little lovely got done for today…
This is a simple card but there’s so much to see. Here’s how it goes together
- Paper: Water Color paper, Real Red, Basic Black and Pool Party cardstock, plus Sheer Perfection
- Ink: Real Red, Pool Party, Memento Black, VersaMark
- Stamps: Regarding Dahlias, Lovely Amazing You
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter, Small (detail) paint brush, Basic Pearls, Butterfly Framelits and Washi Tape
- The Pool Party base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The Watercolor layer is 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Tape the bottom left corner with a wide Washi Tape to create a border
- Stamp the dahlia image with VersaMark, add White EP and heat
- Stamp sentiment in Memento Black
- With the small paint brush and clean water, add water to small areas and drop a small (tiniest amount) of reinker and let the paper do the work for you. Continue over the entire image. You can always go back and add some shading if you need to.
- With the Aqua Painter filled with water and Pool Party reinker (few drops) brush outside the flower image and let dry.
- The Vellum is colored with a Real Red marker and then run through the Big Shot with Butterfly framelit.
- Cut out a Basic Black butterfly.
- Attach the two butterfly off center with a glue dot and add to card with a dimensional. Add a line of Basic Pearls.
- Remove the Washi Tape and enjoy your masterpiece!
Watercoloring is all the rage right now and I have to say it is so enjoyable. You just can’t create exactly the sample thing twice.
I hope you feel inspired to give this a try. I’d love to hear from you and see what you create. Questions? Leave me a comment and I’ll get back to you.
Thanks for stopping by today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…