Two weeks from today is Valentines…my second favorite “holiday”. The first being Thanksgiving because I love having all my family in the house to just cook, eat and enjoy each other’s company.
Do you send Valentines? How many opportunities will we get to tell those who are in our lives how much we care?
Today’s card is another one included in the Creative Convention by Rhonda Wade I watched on that icy, snowy weekend. Coffee, jammies and some warm socks…heaven!
So if you do decide to send Valentines, here’s one that really packs a punch with not much to do…
Isn’t that leaf cut out striking? It’s part of the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies Bundle and certainly gives this card that “wow” factor.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Blushing Bride and Real Red Cardstock plus Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Basic Black, Real Red and Blushing Bride
- Stamps: Blooming Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Sweetheart Punch, Confetti Hearts Border Punch, Botanical Builder Framelits Dies
- The Blushing Bride base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″.
- Cut the Thick Whisper White 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Place the leaf die at an angle and run through the Big Shot…gorgeous! Attach to card front with adhesive or multipurpose glue. Add sentiment in Basic Black. Stamp heart in Real Red. On a scrap of white stamp the heart again in Blushing Bride and punch with Sweetheart Punch. Add over the Real Red heart with dimensionals. Punch out some Real Red and Blushing Bride hearts from cardstock and add over the sentiment with small dots of multipurpose glue.
- Add a piece of the DSP 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ on the Blushing Bride base card front with adhesive.
- Add Thick Whisper White layer with cut out over this layer…stunning!
- Inside there is a 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ Whisper White layer with the a 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ piece of DSP at the bottom and a few little hearts in the lower right.
Other than for Valentines this card would be great for an anniversary or wedding too. You wouldn’t have to change anything on the front but could add the appropriate greeting on the inside when needed. I plan to make a few of these for my stash in different color combinations.
We are having another 60+ degree day today, but may pay for all this warm weather tomorrow when we are expecting thunder storms and then much cooler temps. I have jonquils, daylilies and hostas peeking out already! Come on spring!!!
Here’s a cute “B-ism” for Ground Hog Day…
Come get inky with me and…Be HaPpY!