We are having an ice/sleet/snow storm today. Am I the only one who loves a day like this to spend stamping and creating things of beauty? A day dedicated to studio time is a HaPpY day in my mind.
You know Valentines is coming in three weeks…one of my very favorite days of the year. What’s not to like about a day focused on tender feeling for those we love? And we need to tell them now…
Today’s Valentine is meant for my customers who have recently ordered from me. They are all so much more than customers to me. Many of them have been coming to my studio for several years and we have traveled through some hard times together. And my new peeps are so excited and enthusiastic…it’s contagious! But all of us have the best time ever creating beautiful things together…
Here’s the Valentine…
Isn’t that sweet? The Love Blossoms DSP Paper Stack made the paper choice easy…hope they like it!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Love Blossoms DSP, Thick Whisper White and Real Red cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Bloomin’ Love (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Hearts Framelits (retired), Happy Heart Embossing Folder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- The Real Red layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ attached to card front with adhesive. Use the Thick Whisper White layer you have cut the heart out of to trace onto this layer for placement. Cut your strips from Love Blossoms DSP 1/2″ thick. Add adhesive to back and place over the traced heart. Cover the heart completely. Cut down each side enough so that the DSP will not show when you attach the top layer of the card.
- The top Thick Whisper White layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″. Cut the heart with framelit, stamp sentiment in Basic Black and emboss with Happy Heart EF. Attach this layer over the patched heart on the Real Red layer with adhesive.
You could also use Washi Tape to cover the heart outline instead of the DSP. I just didn’t have the color selection in Washi Tape.
Hope you are having a great day. If you lived closer I’d invite you over for some homemade Banana Nut Bread and a cup ‘o joe…
It sure smells yummy in my kitchen!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
ummmm…don’t lick the beaters and bowl and then eat the cake too!
Be HaPpY!…get inky.