Sometimes I’m asked my favorite stamping technique. It’s masking! Absolutely my favorite out of all the techniques out there. Why? It’s magic…
Today’s card post is inspired by Kelly Acheson. Her card was done in red, black and white maybe for Valentine’s…but, I needed a golden anniversary card so I switched it up and here is what I came up with…
Isn’t this perfect for a wedding or anniversary? With the gold embossing and gold foil it makes a perfect golden wedding anniversary card. But, you know you could make this for a wedding in all black, white and silver and then use the colors of the wedding for the birds. There are so many options…and my mind wanders (as usual).
So would you like to have the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card? Here you go…
- Paper: Whisper White cardstock and Gold Foil Paper
- Ink: Lost Lagoon, VersaMark, Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Seasonally Scattered and World of Dreams
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 5/8″ Gold Satin Ribbon, Gold and Early Expresso Embossing Powders, Crystal Effects and Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
- The base Whisper White card is 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Gold Foil layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The top Whisper White layer is 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″
- Emboss the Gold Foil layer and attach to card front
- I used Washi tape to mask the edges of the top layer before sponging the edges in a circular motion with Crumb Cake, but you could also use painter’s tape.
- Stamp the Love stamp at the bottom of the masked area with VersaMark and sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat
- Stamp the birds and next stamp in VersaMark and sprinkle with Early Express embossing powder and heat
- Stamp the birds on scrap cardstock in Lost Lagoon and “fussy cut”.
- Tie a knot in the center of a piece of gold satin ribbon and attach the ends to the back.
- Attach Lost Lagoon birds with a piece of a dimensional.
- Attach this whole layer to card with dimensionals.
- Cover the birds only with Crystal Effects and let dry (maybe even over night to be sure)
Pretty sure this card will be made again and again…especially with Valentine’s coming up. Hope this post has inspired so ideas for you too.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
No problem here…usually covered with Dazzling Diamonds anyway.
I’m inky…really! and HaPpY!