Little things that come in small packages sometimes contain big surprises. Today I’ll show you a small box that is not only pretty, but has room to spare for a BIG surprise…
Can’t you just imagine an engagement ring in there?
or a necklace or bracelet for Valentines?
this framelit set can cut more than succulents…
and the Stitched Squares Framelits (next to smallest one) fits the sides just right!
This box took me 30 minutes to make using four different framelit sets and I’m over the moon about giving it away.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Pear Pizazz and Watermelon Wonder Cardstock
Ink: Craft Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder
Stamps: Window Shopping
Tools ‘N Embellishments: Rose Garden Thinlits, Succulent Framelits, Window Box Thinlits, Stitched Square Framelits, White Embossing Powder and Sponge Dauber
- Cut two Window Boxes (it will take most all of a single sheet of cardstock). Cut both side tabs off one.
- Cut design in top of one. This will be the top of your box. Cut two sides with heart design (be sure the design is right side up). Still working on just the top of the box, cut just the six sided part of the box top from Watermelon Wonder and trim just inside score lines. Add underneath box top with multipurpose glue. Burnish all score lines on this top piece with your bone folder and set aside.
- Working with what will be the bottom of the box, cut side design in center panel (be sure the design is right side up). Cut six Watermelon Wonder squares with next to smallest Stitched Framelit Die. Add one behind each panel that has been cut with design using multipurpose glue. With the other three squares, stamp design in Craft Whisper White Ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Add these panels to the outside of your box on the three panels that were not cut with a design.
- Glue together with multipurpose glue or Tear ‘n Tape starting with the side taps of each box. Then the tabs that will attach the top and bottom together.
- Now let’s make that flower for the top. Cut one of each size succulent in Thick Whisper White. Using Sponge Dauber, add Watermelon Wonder to the tips of each petal on each piece. Use a small circle of multipurpose glue in the centers of each layer to put together. Now cut just the leaves from the Rose Garden Thinlits twice. Trim if necessary and add to bottom of flower with multipurpose glue and to box top with hot glue.
- I also cut just the six-sided piece in Watermelon Wonder, trimmed and added to the bottom of the box … makes it even sturdier.
- Inside the box top would be a wonderful place to add a sentiment or banner with a sentiment.
I can tell you there are many more box ideas in my future…so if you like this set as much as I do…stay tuned!
Today is Friday and that is “date night” at my house. We plan a dinner out and a movie. 315 channels and nothing to watch on TV!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
And stay inky…you’ll be HaPpY!