The very best thing about being a SU! Demonstrator is I have all these tools and materials at my disposal to make a gift for my soon-to-be g’daughter, Lyla. She will looovvveee this!
She is all about this color combination and she loves bling. Lyla will be turning the BIG 1-0 in a few weeks, but I’m going to give it to her this weekend when I see her…eekkk!
So to answer the one question I’m sure will come up…the frame was purchased at Hobby Lobby for less than $10 and is 8″ x 8″. Perfect size! And it can hang on the wall or stand alone.
all her favorite colors!
a little close up…
Here’s the rest of the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Pool Party, Watermelon Wonder, Peekaboo Peach Cardstock, plus Tasty Treats Designer Series Paper
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party, Peekaboo Peach and White Craft Ink
Stamps: Lift Me Up, Cool Treats
Tools ‘N Embellishments: Up & Away Thinlits Dies, Stitched Squares Framelits, Tiny Flower Punch (retired), Large Scalloped Square Framelit (retired), White Baker’s Twine, Fat Pool Party Baker’s Twine, Rhinestones, Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishments Kit (tassel & bow), White Embossing Powder, Little Letters Framelits and Linen Thread
- My background piece from Cool Treats DSP is 8″ square.
- The large Whisper White scalloped square is 4-1/4″ square. The Pool Party layer is 4″ square attached with SNAIL and the DSP layer on top is 3-7/8″ square.
- Cut big hot air balloon from Watermelon Wonder and pieces to glue to back from Whisper White, Pool Party and Peekaboo Peach. Add dimensionals to back and attach to large square at right. Punch flowers, add rhinestones and attach to balloon with glue dots.
- Tie tassel to basket with Linen Thread.
- Cut out each cloud and attach some with dimensionals and some with SNAIL. Stamp smaller balloon on scrap Whisper White in Pool Party and cut out with framelit. Attach bow from Cupcakes & Carousels kit and add rhinestone. Add to square with SNAIL at lower left.
- The five surrounding squares are begun with the 2-1/2″ Stitched Square Framelit. The second layer is made with Scalloped Framelit and Pool Party CS. And the last layer is DSP of your choice. These squares were easy to place as this background DSP has a grid…yay! Stamp two of the smallest hot air balloons, tie a white Baker’s Twine bow and add with glue dots. Cut another cloud and add with dimensional in top right corner.
- The sentiment banners are 3/4″ x 2″, tagged at one end. Stamped in White Craft Ink and sprinkled with White Embossing Powder then heated. Add with dimensionals.
- The name banner was made with Little Letters Framelits and Thick Whisper White CS. The banners are 3/4″ x 2″ folded in center, tagged at the end, multipurpose glued each letter and added flowers. Cut a piece of Pool Party fat Baker’s Twine the length of the frame and added with multipurpose glue at each end. Tie a bow and add with multipurpose glue. Fold letter over and glue together with multipurpose glue.
Can’t wait for this weekend to see “the littles”!
Still no baby…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!