This is a BIG weekend for me…not only is it my birthday week (yes, I said week) but it’s also my high school reunion. Along with a couple of friends I am hosting a brunch for the girls in my class on the morning of the reunion and have been busy with lots of party things, but today I wanted to share the invitation with you.
This stamp set was given at the Salt Lake City Convention this year and I immediately knew not only that I would use this for the invitation but how it would look. Don’t you love when that happens? Here’s the invitation…
Of course the school colors are obviously orange and white but my original thought and intention was to make the invitation look like an old library card. This is a 3 1/2″ x 5″ card (the size of our notecards) so the notecard envelopes were used. What makes it so much fun is the Rotary Alphabet stamp. To me it made the library card more obvious.
It’s great to be a SU! Demo when you’ve got a function coming up. There are so many ideas to make it a special event. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits on how this invitation was put together…
- Paper: Whisper White and Tangelo Twist cardstock
- Ink: Tangelo Twist and Memento Black
- Stamps: Holiday Invitation, Gorgeous Grunge and Rotary Alphabet
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White and Tangerine Two Tone Trim, 1/8″ hand held punch
- The Tangelo Twist layer is 5″ x 3 1/2″
- The Whisper White layer is 4 7/8″ x 3 3/8″
- Stamp the Whisper White layer with the Rotary stamp at the top to identify your event in Memento Black
- Stamp the Holiday Invitation stamps that fit your occasion
- Use the Rotary Alphabet to fill in information
- Over stamp with Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamp in your colors
- Adhere the Whisper White layer to the colored layer.
- Punch each side about an inch down with the circle punch to hold your trim if you are using it.
- You can tell from the photo I also used the splatter stamp and Alphabet stamp on the outside of the envelope to coordinate with the invitation.
Pretty simple but also unique to our event. From the comments I’ve received so far it’s been a hit. Hope you are inspired to make your next invitations to fit your occasion.
Be sure and stop back by this week to see some of the party decorations using Stampin’ Up!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Life is better when you are laughing.”
Probably be lots of laughing around here this weekend and happy smiles, but underneath that new manicure…ink!