There are so many celebrations on my calendar for May it’s hard to know where to start. My November is like that too. What’s up with those two months?
Here is one way I like to celebrate special birthdays rather than a card…
These are the second cake post this week…I must be hungry for something sweet. Here’s a couple of different views…
Love me some strawberry icing with chocolate cake…
and this blue polka dot is just sweet!
Of course a gift or chocolate can be placed inside for an even better surprise. These are easy to make and fun to decorate.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White cardstock plus a DSP of your choice
- Ink: None!
- Stamps: None! Although there is a stamp set that coordinates with this framelit set
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Basic Pearls, deco straw, Spiral Flower Die, Cutie Pie Thinlets
- Cut two of the Cutie Pie Thinlet boxes (takes a full sheet of cardstock for each “piece of cake”) Attach the two pieces with tear tape alternating pie shape and rectangle. Burnish all score lines. If you want to stamp “cake” stamp in chocolate or maybe strawberry you can do that before you assemble box. Add tear tape to one center tap and rectangle tab. Fold into box. Close back after inserting gift if needed.
- Cut one side of the box from DSP. Trim at 1″ on rectangle side. Cut a piece of DSP 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ for back of box and another piece 4 1/2″ x 1″ for the scalloped icing on one side. Use the scalloping framelit to cut the back piece of the DSP that overlaps from top and the side of that same piece. Scallop the 4 1/2″ x 1″ piece on one side. Glue this piece to the top side that isn’t covered by the box top piece. Add DSP to back of box then overlap the scalloped piece from top. Check photos.
- Cut bow from Whisper White fold and insert tips into slits, then and attach tail pieces with glue dots. Use glue dots to attach to back of box over DSP. Add Basic Pearl to center.
- Cut two of the candle framelit and glue together from flame to end of candle but not the two half circles as they open to make the base for attaching to cake top. I used Gold Wink of Stella on the flame. Cut a deco straw and slip over candle before gluing to cake top.
- Make two Whisper White roses and attach with hot glue. Here I used leaves from this month’s Paper Pumpkin, but you could use leaves from Botanical Builder Framelits, Bird Punch or Rose Garden Thinlets.
These are perfect for birthday or shower favors filled with goodies. You could make a whole or multi-layered cake for a wedding reception…there goes my ever running mind again…
So big Mothers’ Day weekend. For those of us who no longer have our moms, it is a bittersweet day. If you have children, I hope they all pay their respects and make your Mothers’ Day especially HaPpY!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Goodness…I hope you are filled to the brim!
Let’s get inky together and …Be HaPpY!