In keeping with the gift for under $10 today’s post is a keeper! Not only will it make a hostess gift that can be reused year after year and for the whole winter season. You wouldn’t have to put this one away after Christmas…
Isn’t that the cutest snow family? I felt like I was playing paper dolls again…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Pacific Point cardstock and Vellum cardstock
- Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Tangelo Twist, Pool Party and Blushing Bride
- Stamps: Snow Place and Reason for the Season
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: VersaMark, White Embossing Powder, Crystal Effects, Seam Binding Ribbon, Linen Thread, Iced Rhinestone, Frosted Sequin charm, Festive Flower Builder Punch and Dazzling Diamonds. The frame is from a past mother’s day Paper Pumpkin and the opening is 4″ x 4″.
- The background is 4″ x 4″. Stamp snow in VersaMark, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Sponge Pool Party over all making it darker around top edges.
- Cut two strips of Thick Whisper White, one 4″ x 1 1/2″ and one 4″ x 2″. Tear one long edge, coat with Two-Way Glue pen and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds. Add bigger strip first with dimensionals. Add shorter strip with Tomboy Glue just along the bottom edge.
- Stamp and cut out your own “snow family” and dress them up. I added Crystal Effects to his hat, her ear muffs and berries and the little ones bow. The mom and dad are added behind the taller strip with dimensionals. The little one slips under the lower strip with a dimensional behind her had to hold her in place.
- Cut a strip of Thick Whisper White 4″ x 3/4″, stamp with sentiment and flag one end. Cut a piece of Pacific Point (or whatever color you are using) 4 1/8″ x 7/8″ and flag one end. Layer together with adhesive, add snow charm and glue to frame with hot glue.
- Stamp Vellum cardstock with VersaMark and flower stamps from Reason for the Season, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat. Punch with Festive Flower Builder Punch. Add glue with Two Way Glue Pen, sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds and build flower with eight large petals, eight small petals and two center petals. Add Iced Rhinestone in center.
- Make a “Billie Bow” (instructions here) with seam binding of your choice. Add to top left corner with hot glue then add flower just underneath the bow.
If I can find a frame similar to this one, I’ll make more of these for Christmas and the winter season. These would make a thoughtful hostess gift.
Be sure to turn your clocks back tomorrow night and enjoy an extra hour of sleep!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Are you inky? Then you are HaPpY!