Friends are so important to me and I have several I have known for 60 years. Our lives pull us in different directions, but we have maintained our close relationship all through the years.
One of these friends (and she knows who she is) and I have always said to each other at different times in our lives “If Life Hands You Lemons…”
So naturally when the page turned on the new catalog and there was the stamp set Lemon Zest! Of course I had to have it.
On a trip to Italy I remember the beautiful dishes and pottery with lemons and a beautiful color of blue.
Can you see the curve to the fruit?
Maybe you can see it better here…
and a peek inside.
This card will now go into the mail to that special friend. She will know the minute she opens it who sent it and why.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock and water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist
- Stamps: Lemon Zest
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Lemon Builder Punch, medium round water color brush, water colors, Strip Adhesive
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The first Whisper White layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″.
- The water color paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Tape this paper to your work area. Dampen with water and apply a pretty blue water color. Let dry and remove tape.
- Add the water color layer to the Whisper White layer with Tear Tape.
- Add the double layer to the card front with Strip Adhesive.
- On scrap water color paper stamp the lemons using Daffodil Delight. Stamp off then add another layer of Daffodil Delight using the rock ‘n roll technique. Stamp. Use a wet brush to smooth and move the color until you are happy with it.
- The green lemon was done with Lemon Lime Twist and Daffodil Delight as were the leaves.
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black on the yellow lemon.
- Cut all pieces with punch. Lay each piece on your piercing mat and use the large end of your scoring tool to break down the fibers until the piece curls. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside stamp the sentiment in Archival Basic Black and add the other half of the round lemon slice using dimensionals.
I love the way this card turned out and now that I’ve shared it with all of you, it will be mailed today!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Here’s mine 😉
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!