And simple! Has anyone ever challenged you to make a clean and simple card? You would think that would be easy, right? NOT!
Challenges are fun to enter…it helps you to think and create outside your comfort zone…we all love our comfort zone. This week’s challenge at Can You Case It is to create a clean and simple card with one layer and one embellishment. Seriously?
Putzing around my studio here for over an hour trying to come up with an idea…nothing! So I took a deep breath and started over. Whew! this is hard work for me. I love layers! and texture, bling and bows.
However, finally I did come up with a card. This card would be simple to make and has a nice clean look. Here’s my entry…
Clean and simple…right? Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Kraft cardstock and Trim the Tree DS Paper Stack
- Ink: VersaMark
- Stamps: Good Greetings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Star Framelits, Expresso Embossing Powder
- The Kraft Cardstock was cut 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- The top Kraft layer is cut 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Stamp sentiment on top Kraft layer with VersaMark, sprinkle with Expresso Embossing Powder and heat
- With Star Framelits and the third star from largest, punch out star in center of layer
- Add dimensionals to back of top layer and add to DSP layer
- Adhere this layer to the base card.
- Make Linen Thread bow and attach with a glue dot. I have a video on YouTube showing how to make these bows titled “Making Beautiful Bows”.
Wasn’t that quick? Oh my word it took me forever to come up with it. Hope you enjoy and maybe you have seen something here today that will inspire you in your creations.
Here is your “B-ism” for today…”Get over yourself!”….oh boy does that apply!
Seriously inky…and seriously HaPpY!