Here’s another project using the Festive Flower Builder Punch in a non poinsettia way…how about a sunflower?
The Reason for the Season stamp set was used on this one as opposed to yesterday when the real red poinsettia was left unveined (is that a word?) And the center stamen were quadrupled for a sunflower look too.
If you are looking for gift ideas under $10, this could be it. With my coupon at Hobby Lobby the burlap frame was less than $6. Decorate, slide in that personalized photo and you’ve got a hit.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crushed Curry, Early Expresso and Old Olive cardstock
- Ink: Crushed Curry and Old Olive
- Stamps: Reason for the Season
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: In-color Blooms and frame of your choice and 1 1/2″ circle punch
- For this flower eight large petals and four medium petals plus two of the double center petals make this flower. You can stamp the veins before or after you punch them. Three Old Olive leaves. Use a 1 1/2″ circle punch for the base. Start by putting down some hot glue on the circle base and place four large petals you have curled with your bone folder and pinched at the center in the hot glue at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o’clock. Add more hot glue and repeat with the last four large petals placing them opposite the first petals. More glue and place the four medium petals then the two center petals. Punch out nine x’s, glue dot three together and hot glue to center of flower, repeat two times. Add leaves to back with hot glue.
In case you are wondering…yes, I am still painting. Well, not really. The painting is finished. Now to purge and put everything in its place. I promise to do a short video tour within the week! I know it’s fun to see someone else’s studio and how they store and use their “stuff” as Sweetums calls it. With him helping me this week there was no way I could not pull everything out. His eyes almost bugged out of his face!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Ah Ha! Well, he sure found me working on mine!
I’ll be inky tomorrow…and HaPpY!