Today’s pretty post makes use of May’s Paper Pumpkin laser cut cards and the new Designer Series Paper Playful Palette and the new InColor Sugar Plum…
I just love the way that laser cut background sets up this card. And, this is one of those cards that would work for several occasions…birthday, wedding, get well, congratulations…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Sugar Plum plus Playful Palette DSP
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Flowering Fieldsl (flower stems), Watercolor Wonder (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Pansy Punch, Botanical Builder Framelits, Decorative Label Punch, Sugar Plum Ruched Ribbon, Blushing Bride Sequins, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Wink of Stella Clear,
- The Soft Sky base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Cut one of the laser cards in half and glue to card front with multipurpose glue
- The Sugar Plum DSP is 3″ x 4-1/2″ attached centered on card front with adhesive
- The Whisper White layer is 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″, embossed with Decorative Dots EF and attached centered with adhesive over DSP layer.
- Cut one long leaf stem from Whisper White and trim the open leaf side so you are left with a long stem of same leaves. Add to card front at an angle on left side.
- With Botanical Framelits cut two fringe leaves and one small leaf from Whisper white. With multipurpose glue add two pointing up and one down.
- Stamp stem from Flowering Fields in Basic Black on Soft Sky and “fussy cut”. Add over other leaves at angle with multipurpose glue.
- Punch four flowers with Pansy Punch from Sugar Plum. Break down paper fibers using a bone folder. Cut one petal away from two flowers and attach remaining petals together with a glue dot. Cut two petals from the last two flowers and attach. Spray liberally with water and squish. Unfold and let dry. When dry hot glue together in four layers. Add some Wink of Stella Clear along petal edges and hot glue to center of leaf arrangement.
- Stamp sentiment in Basic Black on scrap of Soft Sky CS and punch with Decorative Label Punch. I have pierced an oval around sentiment with retired piercing pattern, but you could lightly trace the shape and then pierce with piercing tool. Add to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Inside there is a layer of the Sugar Plum DSP used on the card front 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with a Whisper White layer on top measuring 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
I’m leaving the inside blank so that if I needed a birthday card, I could easily stamp a birthday sentiment inside…or any other sentiment that fits the occasion.
So, it’s Saturday again! Unbelievable how quickly this week flew by. Since I don’t post on Sundays, I hope you stop by on Monday.
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Inky fingers…make you HaPpY!